Christ’s Hospital School
The Christ’s Hospital campus is rather spectacular. Acres of sports fields, architecturally beautiful buildings, designed in part by Sir Christopher Wren, architect of St Pauls Cathedral, and the impressive Quad are immediately visible. Originally built just before Shakespeare’s birth, by the son of Henry VIII, to house all orphaned children that the dissolution of the monasteries left behind, today it still educates a proportion of its students free or at a reduced price, something that is unique for a British boarding school.
Boarding houses in doubles or quadruple rooms in the recently refurbished boarding houses.
Three meals are included. Packed lunches on excursion days
- Outstanding historic dining hall which is often referred to as similar to Hogwarts!
- Purpose built replica of Shakespeare’s globe theatre, where many of the performances take place
- Student common areas within accommodation with satellite TV and DVD access.
- Sports facilities include over 100 acres of sporting areas including tennis courts, football pitches
- Purpose built classrooms with SMART boards
Computer suites with internet access
LHR: 1 hr, LGW: 30 mins, STN: 2 hours
Laundry facilities in every boarding house